The Big Picture
The following types of data are necessary to be exchanged and we want You to be perfectly clear on how we treat and handle this data.
- – You provide us data about You, some of which is identifying (“Personal Information”) and some of which is non-identifying (“Non-Identifying Information”) when you set up Your account with Prism so that You can access and get optimized Services.
- – You provide Us data (“Customer Provided Data”) as input to the Services, such as video images. Prism has to be able to use that data to provide Our Services to You. Prism generates new data from the Customer Provided Data, which is also owned by You (“Customer Data”). Prism has to be able to access that data in order to store, deliver and display it back to You as part of Our Services.
- – When you access the Site, we create data about the interactions you have with our Site (“Log Data”).
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within Our organization or among Our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Updates to this Policy
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the Services, to administer Your use thereof and to enable users to effectively and easily use the Services.
Personally Identifiable Information
- – You are required to create an account with Us in order to use the Services (“Prism Account”)
- – You will be asked to provide Us with personally identifiable information such as your email address in order to create such a Prism Account. Any information about You that can be used to contact or identify You is considered to be “Personal Information”.
- – Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, credit card or other billing information, email address and postal address. We use your Personal Information to provide Our Services and administer Your inquiries. If You have authorized a third party to create your Prism Account with Us on Your behalf, such third party will provide Us with Personal Information about You.
- – In order to use Our Services, You will provide Us with access to Your Customer-Provided Data for Prism to generate the Customer Data, which will then be stored by the Services and accessible via Your Prism Account with the Services
- – We may also use Your Personal Information to contact You with Prism newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. If You decide at any time that You no longer wish to receive such communications from Us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
- – We also collect other information that You provide in connection with Your use of the Services (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), machine OS, software version, architecture, CPU type, memory, network connection speed, and, if You choose to do so, the IP address of local IP cameras and images from those cameras which are installed at locations from which You run or operate your business). This is considered “Non-Identifying Information”.
- – We use your Personal Information in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
- – Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables You to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information. We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Prism Users (defined below) to attempt to provide You with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how Our Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve You specifically, for instance to deliver a product to You according to your preferences or restrictions.
- – When You visit the Site in any way (as a “Prism User”), Our servers automatically record information that Your browser sends whenever You visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, pages of Our Site that You visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- – We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase Our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to Our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- – We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though We may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
- – Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Prism. Safeguarding information to help protect You from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and We may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate Our Services, to provide the Services on Our behalf, to sell the Services bundled with other products or services, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist Us in analyzing how Our Site and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only as authorized by you and to perform these tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Customer Data. If You authorize a third party to create and manage your Prism Account then such third parties will have access to the Personal Information and other information contained in your Prism Account, including Customer Data therein. You may disable such third party’s access to your Prism Account at any time by using the applicable functionality available to You via your Prism Account.
Similarly, Prism will not access your Customer Data unless specifically authorized by You. At any time you may wish to authorize access to assist in system training, troubleshooting, or other instances that you deem appropriate, and that authorization can be provided and suspended by You at any time.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Prism cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about You to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Prism or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity We may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Prism may sell,
transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including
your Personal Information, in connection with a merger,
acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of
You also have rights over how your personal information is used
- – The right to object to our processing of your data.
- – The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- – The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- – The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- – The right to contest any automated decision we make about
you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any
human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit
checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision
making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such
decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please email
to email@example.com .
Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request
we receive, your rights may differ according to your place of
residence and we may not always have to comply. When this
happens, we will explain why.
If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed you should contact your national data protection regulator.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If You would like Us to delete your Prism Account in Our system, please contact Us at email@example.com with a request that We delete your Personal Information and Customer Data from Our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Prism is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The
security of your personal information is important to Us. But
remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or
method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When You provide
Us with sensitive information (such as a credit card number), We
encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology
(SSL). In some cases, We also encrypt sensitive information
where it is stored on Our systems. For example, all imagery
within the Customer Data stored by Prism is protected by AES-256
encryption, and all transmitted data and website interaction is
encrypted using SSL.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to You via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If You choose to
click on a third party link, You will be directed to that third
party’s website. The fact that We link to a website is not an
endorsement, authorization or representation of Our affiliation
with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy
or information security policies or practices. We do not
exercise control over third party websites. These other websites
may place their own cookies or other files on your computer,
collect data or solicit personal information from You. Other
sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of
the personal information You submit to them. We encourage You to
read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites
Third party applications used by Prism
|Used for hosting customer data
||GDPR, Privacy Shield, Data Processing
||Cancel your account or email us requesting
deleting specific data
||Email, Name to provide customer support
||Privacy Shield, Data Processing Addendum
||Email us requesting your profile to be
||Email, Name for product analytics
||Privacy Shield, Data Processing Addendum||Cancel your account
||Analytics Cookie for anonymous tracking
||Privacy Shield, Data Processing Addendum||Opt-out with browser add-on|
||Email, Name for internal product
||Privacy Shield, Data Processing Addendum||Email us requesting your profile to be
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site and Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If We become aware that a child under 13 has provided Us with Personal Information, We will delete such information from Our files.